What is aromatherapy and what are its basic principles? What does it mean to say that our products are “aromatherapy”? How can we use this very powerful technique in our daily lives, without excesses and with responsibility? What are the real benefits for our health and well-being?
In this post you will learn about:
- The history of aromatherapy
- The principles of aromatherapy
- How aromatherapy can benefit your body and your health
- How best to use aromatherapy in your day to day life
- How Amethyst promotes the correct use of aromatherapy
…IN THE HISTORY BOOKS, AROMATHERAPY BEGAN…
It is not known for sure the exact date of its appearance, since the use of flowers and herbs is applied by the human being in baths, teas, massages, smoking and even in cooking since the first records of humanity.
The use of aromatic substances accompanies the development of several ancestral cultures, when man began to organize himself in tribes, to cultivate plants, to domesticate animals and to make fire to roast the game and to warm himself.
And since each wood, each herb, leaf or flower that contains a little essential oil in its plant structure releases an aromatic and lasting mist into the environment when burned, man began to smell as he used fire.
With a more developed sense of smell, primitive man could smell new smells and explore new resources, since the existing living conditions were very conducive to unpleasant smells, because in addition to those exhaled by the human body, there were those resulting from the decomposition of leftover food and game. Smoking in an environment softened the unpleasant odors and promoted their cleaning.
The movement of the search, the discoveries, the improvement with the intention to possess, to feel and to develop the perfumes of the nature were present in all the ancient civilizations.
PRINCIPLES OF AROMATHERAPY
In his journey to maintain life, man began to develop more and more ways to avoid unpleasant odors and to explore new techniques for the use of aromatic components of plant and natural origin.
We call these techniques Aromatherapy: Practices that explore, benefit and develop human health through the use of the aromatic component of stems, leaves and flowers, known as Essential Oil.
Three principles better define the practice in Aromatherapy
- Only that practice of health or beauty in which the essential oil is used as the main active of the technique is aromatherapy.
- The technique cannot contain any other substance that alters the natural characteristic of the activity of the essential oil.
- The expected result is derived from the property of the plant that the oil was extracted.
We can then say that aromatherapy is a technique that explores the effects of essential oils on the physical body and emotions, through the simple act of breathing or touching the skin, benefiting the body in a holistic way and not only the affected area.
HOW AROMATHERAPY CAN BENEFIT OUR BODY?
When we start talking about aromatherapy we realize that there is an invisible aromatic world that acts in different ways. Its effects can be perceived in several systems of the body:
- Skin system: hydration, protection, healing.
- Digestive System: Stimulates a peaceful digestion, relieves heartburn, stomach pain and flatulence, better assimilation of nutrients.
- Respiratory system: cleansing and purification, stimulation of metabolism, decongestant.
- Nervous system: balancing, relaxing for physical and mental nervous tension, insomnia, agitation and anxiety.
- Limbic system: stimulus to the pineal gland, memory, feelings, balance.
- Reproductive system: fertility, libido, aphrodisiac, frigidity, pre menstrual tension, menopause.
- Circulatory system: vasodilation, vasoconstriction, stimulation of metabolism, cleaning and detoxification, strengthening of blood vessels.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE AROMATHERAPY EVERY DAY?
As we have already said in the post about essential oils, each essential oil carries in a concentrated way properties and benefits of the plant that was extracted, and allied to the techniques of aromatherapy, we can explore in a 100% natural way its benefits for the physical body and for the emotions with an unquestionable result and many times immediate.
To benefit from all these properties, we cannot use pure essential oils on the skin, since they are extremely concentrated and in some cases can be harmful.
So the best way to use aromatherapy on a daily basis is through the correct concentration of essential oils on a vegetable basis, i.e. vegetable oils and butters without the addition of synthetic components.
HOW AMETHYST PROMOTES THE CORRECT USE OF AROMATHERAPY
With this in mind, we have united all this information and developed through techniques of ancestral and artisanal cosmetology, possibilities of promoting the use of aromatherapy through the daily use of biocosmetics. Producing cosmetics with natural raw materials and that do not contain any substance that alters the natural characteristics of the activity of essential oils.
In this way, we enable the use of vegetable oils and butters that we often do not find in the current market, adding both benefits with those of aromatherapy.
Here are some examples of aromatherapy allied with the benefits
- When using our soaps during the bath, besides acting on your physical body, the aroma is the main factor to provide you with the desired balance. For example, mint soap has a decongestant aroma and stimulates circulation in addition to relieving physical pain linked to tension. And when used in the morning provides a feeling of encouragement, taking the morning sleep.
- In Lavender body cream, you deeply moisturize your skin in a prolonged and lasting way, soothing stains and nourishing the skin more and more. At the same time the essential oils of two species of lavender relax the mind, bring a sense of confidence and even relieve stress. They are effective in insomnia treatments and still relieve headaches!
- Our toothpastes, in addition to having cleansing functions for teeth and the entire mouth area are also healing, antibacterial, treat canker sores and are pain relievers for toothache.
- In facial soap, in addition to deep cleansing, and cellular regeneration you benefit from a blend that softens scars, attenuates and prevents lines of expression, leaves the skin soft and healthy and still has a delicate aroma, purifying and relaxing for any time of day.
- All products provide the benefits of vegetable oils and butters, including the soaps that are made through saponification. Allied to this vegetal base, all the products provide the benefits of aromatherapy.
That’s it for today, folks. If you have any questions or anything to add about it, leave it there in the comments.
Gratitude for getting here, until next week!